Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Christmas in July

Posted by: Jenny Schwartz

Aussie Christmases are summery and hot, so to enjoy traditional Christmas feasts, we celebrate "Christmas in July". It is awesome! In midwinter we get to enjoy the glorious traditional foods that northern hemisphere people have over Christmas. But life can't be all about food - there are also the great books you read while devouring bowls full of trifle and sipping hot chocolate.

Actually, if there's one food I miss in my not-so-cold corner of the world, it's roasted chestnuts. Buying them from a vendor, cracking open the hot, hot, hot shells and eating the sweet, smoky chestnuts is heaven. But I digress.

I was going to discuss how binge reading while eating yummies is my utter indulgence, and how Kindle Unlimited has rescued me from breaking my book budget. I now binge read with total disregard for cost by selecting books that are in Kindle Unlimited. Amazon's subscription service only opened in Australia in December (yes, in time for our real Christmas - it was awesome!) and for roughly the equivalent of US $10 a month I read, and read, and read.

One of the biggest challenges of Kindle Unlimited is finding the great books in it. Some get hidden away, overwhelmed and lost in the avalanche of new books. So I've started a Facebook page where I share the great books I've discovered in Kindle Unlimited (authors are welcome to share their Kindle Unlimited books in the pinned post at the top of the page): Always Another Great Book.



Consider Always Another Great Book my Christmas in July gift to you - and happy reading!

P.S. All of my independently published books are available in Kindle Unlimited. If you haven't discovered them, my Amazon author page lists them: https://www.amazon.com/Jenny-Schwartz/e/B0042MAD86/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...